Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Throwback : Royal Caribbean mariner of the seas - Jan2016 1st day



On arrival -  1st day


1st day is the most tiring day for me.
1) I have problem with the online order 
2) BB unable to nap & as we trying to get our bb to nap everyone must get down for compulsory drill.


We checked in early at around noon.
It is quite crowded but the queue pace is fast.
The staff guide us to deck 3 for meal

Deck 3 Rhapsody in Blue Dining Room -100% buffet
Porridge is cold - my bb totally dont want to eat
Not crowded.

Then my brother mention his friends claimed deck 11 also serve lunch so we went for 2nd round.





Deck11 Windjammer CafĂ©  - 
more variety & the food & porridge is hot

This is my snack : very normal mass produce not as fantastic as what others claimed



We tried to let bb settle down to take afternoon nap but he cant by the time it was 4:30pm...for fire drill! 

Everybody must attend.they will knock ur door make sure everybody left the room....that why my bb didnt get to zzz.
We try to let him zzz after the drill still he cant zzz.

After fire drill a while there will be character parade.After seeing my bb cant zzz i bring him to watch but by then already too crowded to see anything.


Online purchase -forget it!
Suppose to be a pleasant experience end up tired day !

I online order these request to be in my cabin when we reached but didnt reach ...
This what I order :


My online confirmation: 






Order diaper bag & slipper.
I call the help desk who claimed no record of my purchase...I need to bring my email or confirmation letter to queue at the guest service.
After wasting time queuing @ guest svc to show my doc, someone left  a phone message to say no more big size diaper when we go out ..
This diaper bag got free diaper.
Then I returned call another person claimed no record !
I asked them to check again  then someone came & give me diaper only  & wrong size slipper
and never come back .
I chase again they asked me to call housekeeping ...
When called to the housekeeping, someone asked me to wait as he is having meeting.
I am quite mad by then I said "isnt customer  always 1st " after arguing with me ...he then realise i am customer! *faint* then wait until midnight someone call & claim no more stock!
They claimed they will refund the money to me...I demand a letter otherwise wait they claim I already received the items.

Dinner
Deck 3
Fine dining.
Table already allocated in the seapass meaning everyday dinner will be the same table.
They will put u together with other group.We are a group of 4 +1baby
Expect the dinner will be very slow pace.
1st the staff will intro themselves then they will leave to another table.
Another staff will pour drink
The 1st staff will return to take ur order then both of them will disappear until starter is serve then disappear again until main course is serve.
It will take a while for them to serve main course after starter
After serving the main course  they will disappear ,after a while they will ask do u want more.

Dessert menu will pass to u after finish main course...
Also need to wait a while.

1st day dinner : 
menu : 
Cesar salad is nice :
 Soup 
 Main course : look nice - taste very normal
 Dessert:



Kids menu :


As my bb is quite cranky didnt really ve chance to take his dinner picture.

When back from dinner : 
Nice towel folding & compass for the next day  :




We decide to skip the ice show @ 8:30pm which is a must watch for the cruise but no choice.


My bb is already cranky at dinner time


We order this for supper when bb finally fall asleep 
Room service FOC but advise to give tip.
 The coffee is better than restaurant
 Taste yummy



1st day : 
Check in timing from 11:30am onward 
Room ready to check in around 1pm ++
Firedrill at 4:30
Character parade after fire drill around 5:30 


Tips :
Let the child nap at home otherwise he may be not be able to nap in a different environment and there is fire drill at about 4:30pm & may miss the ice show if your card is allocated on the 1st day @ 8:30pm

Do no order online to spoil your holiday like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment