Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pregnancy Dec 13 dining



Tyre cafe
Theme cafe with affordable price 
 Teriyaki chicken ,tako ball,Edamame(green bean): 
 Of course I wont expect excellent food at this price but I think they still taste good.
I think it is a great hang out place



Swenson Xmas meal
Decide to try their festive menu :



Xmas Turkey : 
I request for the separate of the sauce as the staff unable to guide me what is inside  
 Xmas Turkey
 Dont really quite like the turkey taste with the stuffing although it taste different from the turkey which I have tried. It may taste something fresh for those who are sick of the usual turkey.
The stuffing taste a combination of sweet, salty & spicy.

Jack place@Tpy(newly open)
Pre new year lunch menu

Decided to try their daily lunch on sunday 29Dec13: 

But they only have pre new year menu which cost $19.90
Personally feel :  they should put in on their website if there is any changes of lunch menu




Their ambience : 





Soup of the day : 
Cream of spinach with egg Mimosa topping
I quite like this soup

Main course : Hot grill paprika boneless chicken
Dont really like the sauce & the chicken doesnt taste fresh.



 Their dessert: Chocolate Swiss roll
Taste very awful & hard.
The worst swiss roll I ever had in my life.
It is not fresh at all.
My hubby is not very picky about food but he also dont like this.
Dessert & coffee:
I quite like their coffee


Service : 

Slow in serving 

1) There is not much customer in the restaurant but they serve their main course quite slow.
We waited quite a while after finished our soup.
Compare to the Nexx outlet which have more customer but main course came in quite fast after we finished our soup.

2) Coffee & dessert also took a while to serve us, the staff claimed they are brewing the coffee

Good service : 
1) The staff clear our plate quite fast
2)This outlet staff top up our plain water quite regular unlike other outlets staff who never top up any more after serving the plain water.


Conclusion : 
I m quite particular about the food taste in a restaurant.I am kind of scare off by the quality of the chicken & dessert.


Xmas buffet @ Holiday Inn - window on the park

Choose this place because I saw from the menu that there are dishes which I can eat.
Slightly different from the menu on the hotel website but still able to eat very full.

The hotel entrance.
The lunch buffet start @ 12pm.
We were there almost 12pm but no one standing there until 12++
 I start off with cold stuff -dessert:
Cheese cake , velvet, Chocolate log cake, stollen...
Yummy


 Turkey with udon:
 Turkey :tender & nice
 Udon also nice
 Xmas cookies
 They replenish a new flavour log cake-coffee
All these are best match with tea & coffee
Overall taste so so.
I didnt have chance to try other dishes due to pregnancy like sushi, sashimi, cold seafood stuff etc..

I will be back again because the other dishes interest me

Tyre cafe : 
#01-16, Wilkie Edge, Selegie Road,  
Tel: +65 6365 3366 
Opening hours: 11am – 9pm, closed on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment