Friday, March 28, 2014

Mar14 dining @ Conrad centennial high tea buffet

Conrad centennial weekend high tea buffet 
International cuisine

Buffet include unlimited pot of tea & brewed coffee :
Tea served are Ronnefeldt.
A premium German tea brand 
I have : 
1)Caribbean summer (Exotic spices + fruits)the best 
2)Granny garden(fruits + vanilla)-not to my liking 
3)Camomile tea - taste so so 
I tried my mum tea: 
English breakfast -seem to be soaked very long cos it taste bitter
Ginger & herbs tea-my brother claim this is the best ginger tea he ever had.
It has lemongrass which I dont really like 
Individual own preference

I think I already got back my buffet price just having these tea alone :





Camomile tea with raw sugar stick


Cafe Latte : 
Coffee bean taste normal
The food-not very wow but they have some unique food which stand up from the usual hotel buffet.

Pork wanton soup with wolfberry:
 Black pepper chicken pie + assorted chocolate : 
black pepper chicken taste nice 



 Shredded duck noodle : 
   








Beijing duck
Care journey
Wanton , satay, fish...
The satay is a must try !
There is no rice , we use sushi rice to complete :P

Dessert & fruit : 

 
Macaroons & cupcake :


macaroons
I tried all -very far from the authentic taste. 
It seem like they add colouring flavour. Too sweet for me .





           


Japanese cuisine

Sushi:

Usually hotel buffet will only serve ebi & sushi rice but they add in cucumber & seaweed pork floss for a better taste.
I can feel their effort & passion for the Japanese section

 Biscuit :
The staff will go around & serve assorted sandwiches :
              


What I dont like about this buffet : 

1) The food station are very open : 






2) Service: 
Not very good for hotel standard

i)Usually staff will ask what drink to have when we are being seated.
I need to ask for drink menu & need to call the staff for drink.
The staff are too busy.


ii) There is no staff around at a certain time when I wanted to order tea. 
iii)They took quite long to serve tea.My mum english breakfast seem to soak quite long.
iv)The hot station food like fish & duck are not cut into pieces until quite sometime from the brunch timing.This is the second time I went for a hotel buffet where the food are not fully prepared when the buffet already started.
The first time is at holiday inn Singapore but this is a five star hotel.


V)There is a discount for certain bank credit card but the cashier didnt inform us about it.

I rather the hotel skip the following services : 


1) The staff will fold napkin when we are out for food. 

2) I also prefer the staff to skip serving sandwiches, leave them on the plate

I find this is unnecessary, I prefer them to serve us fast.



hotel environment : relaxing




Lobby Lounge at Conrad Centennial Singapore 
2 Temasek Boulevard
Weekend high tea timing : 1-5pm

$48 per pax

No comments:

Post a Comment