Sunday, May 26, 2013

2013 HongKong Trip day 3

Brunch : Tim Ho Wan Dim Sum Restaurant  添好運
(michelin star restaurant)
Olympian City mall(latest location)
Tim Ho Wan at Mong Kok move here


we have alotof dimsum , highly recommend these dim sum : 




Baked Bun with BBQ Pork 
I never taste this kind of BBQ pork
Powdery coating outside, inside chunks of pork swaddled in a thick and rich, sweet and savoury sauce...
It is so yummy! 



Siew Mai
I would say it the best Siew Mai I ever had in my life.


Malay steam egg cake
It taste different from the other steam egg cake I ever had in S'pore.
It fragrant & sweet but not too sweet
It also the best I have ever had


 chilled jelly with osmanthus flowers and goji berries
 This taste is very refreshing & yummy



Our bill for 2pax, I think the price is very reasonable...
It about S$30++ total bill
Personally feel only these 3 dim sum & dessert are very good.
The rest of the dim sum taste not as fantastic  etc Vermicelli rolls (cheung fun) the skin is very thick, I prefer imperial treasure in S'pore
However I will definitely be back again for the 3 special dim sum &dessert & the price too...


BIG BUDDHA
Crystal or normal cabin?

Didnt expect to queue quite long to get the cable ticket on a weekday.
It advise to go there around opening hours
We got a crystal cabin so as to avoid the long queue but actually normal cabin is faster.
I guess the crystal cabin frequency is slower than normal one.
The lady before us got normal ticket left long time ago already...
Even return also slower because of the slow frequency...
Glass bottom is just normal..nothing fantastic if you have travel before.

Glad to attend the celebration.
Total 168steps to big buddha, dare to challenge?
Didnt have the vegetarian meal as I have tried before ....taste so so but it s a good experience for those who never tried


Honeymoon Dessert@Ngong Ping 
I would say everybody must try the dessert there , it is really awesome!

Mango Pomelo & Sago Sweet Soup 杨枝甘露



Sesame & almond bean curd


Very yummy
I think it taste better than last nite dessert...
I have decided to eat again for tonight dessert if there are chances...


Citygate

Pacific coffee for high tea
Order a sandwich & coffee... i think the coffee so so 
Pacific coffee originated from HK but Starbuck & Agnes b cafe are more commonly see than pacific coffee in HK.




Shopping times!?

2nd times here, again couldnt really get any branded stuff.
Although this place is so call "outlet" but the brand here are not really cheap...
I only got 1 Armani t-shirt after much digging...

Personally feel : still can go here shopping if you are going to the big buddha or have a look at what is outlet in HK

Do not have high hope you would get any good deal here.
I think Airport branded stuff is cheaper & latest design.
I have been to Europe outlet " the space" the brand there is really good deal compare to this US brand here.

Spaghetti House nathan road
I wouldnt miss this restaurant when I here in HK since 1997
We shared 
Spaghetti with bacon , sausage & mushroom(tomato based)

It taste just as good as last time.

My hubby think this spaghetti taste better than S'pore
I bring my mum & bro here 2years ago & they also think this is the best. 
I love the environment too


Honeymoon Dessert@iSQUARE 

We manage to get a sit just outside & then long queue! even @ almost closing time 11pm! 
This place s so hot!



We order : 

1)Durian vanilla grassjelly
2)walnut & sesame

Both are yummy!How I wish I have more chance to eat their dessert again...
I have taste S'pore outlet Walnut & Sesame , Hk is still the best.









Reference : 
1)Tim Ho Wan Dim Sum Restaurant  添好運
Daily 10am-9.30pm 
Olympian City mall
Olympic Station Exit D 

2) big buddha & Citygate

Tung chung mtr



No comments:

Post a Comment